Kevin Spacey reportedly accused of racism on ‘House of Cards’ set - MRCAESAR.COM

Monday, 15 January 2018

Kevin Spacey reportedly accused of racism on ‘House of Cards’ set


Kevin Spacey allegedly ignored black security personnel on the set of “House of Cards.” (DAVID GIESBRECHT / NETFLIX)
Amid a wave of sexual assault accusations, Kevin Spacey faces a new claim of racism on the set of “House of Cards.”
During filming of the first season of the presidential Netflix drama, Spacey allegedly used the N-word when he told his personal security manager that he didn’t want black security personnel watching the show trailer, Earl Blue, the head of VIP Protective Services, told the Daily Mail.
The show, an adaptation of the 1990 BBC miniseries of the same name, began filming in 2012 and premiered on the streaming service in February 2013.
Blue claims that he complained to set managers about Spacey, who responded that “that’s just the way he is.”
Attempts to contact Spacey’s lawyer were not successful.
Blue also claims that VIP Protective Services’ $1.1 million contract was not renewed, despite praise from producers.
While he did not provide proof that the contract lapsed because of Spacey, he told the Daily Mail that he intends to sue the actor for loss of income.
Eric Lyles, Blue’s employee, also claimed that Spacey refused to shake the hands of any black security guards on set.
The actor has since been fired from the Netflix drama after allegations of sexual misconduct. (DANIEL ZUCHNIK/WIREIMAGE)
Netflix did not immediately return a request for contact.
Calls to Lyles and Blue were also unanswered.
Spacey was fired from “House of Cards,” in which he played President Frank Underwood, in early November, less than a week after Anthony Rapp accused him of an unwanted sexual advance in 1986. Rapp was 14 at the time.
The show is expected resume production soon, with Robin Wright as the sole lead.
Since Rapp’s initial accusation, more than a dozen more men have come forward with similar claims against the Academy Award winner.
Spacey was also fired from Ridley Scott’s “All the Money in the World” and replaced by Christopher Plummer.
Scott previously told The News that he made the decision to remove Spacey from his role as the billionaire J. Paul Getty “immediately.”


- ny news 

No comments:

Post a Comment