Fox News killed story on Trump’s sexual encounter with porn star - MRCAESAR.COM

Tuesday, 16 January 2018

Fox News killed story on Trump’s sexual encounter with porn star


President Trump and Stephanie Clifford allegedly had sex in July 2006. (ANDREW CABALLERO-REYNOLDS/GETTY IMAGES/MATT SAYLES/AP PHOTO)
Just weeks before the 2016 election, Fox News was reportedly sitting on an explosive story about an extramarital affair involving then-Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump and porn star Stormy Daniels.
But, even though the writer of the story had an on-the-record statement from Daniels' manager confirming the sexual encounter, the network pulled it from publication, seemingly without explanation, several people familiar with the matter told CNN.
Daniels, whose real name is Stephanie Clifford, made headlines last week amid reports that President Trump's personal attorney, Michael Cohen, paid her $130,000 shortly before the election in exchange for her silence about a sexual encounter she had with Trump in 2006. Trump had been married to his third and current wife, Melania, for almost a year at the time of the alleged tryst.
Clifford has stayed silent on the matter, except for a statement of denial supposedly signed by her and circulated by Cohen, blasting the claims as "completely false."
But, since reports about Clifford first surfaced, it has been revealed that — in the months leading up to Cohen's alleged hush payment — she was in talks with several media outlets regarding interviews about her one-night stand with Trump. 
Diana Falzone, the Fox News writer who obtained a statement from Clifford's manager, was incensed by the network's decision to pull her article in October 2016.
"She had the story and Fox killed it," one of CNN's sources said.
Fox News entertainment reporter Diana Falzone was incensed by the network's decision to pull her article in October 2016.(JASON KEMPIN/GETTY IMAGES)
Falzone, an entertainment reporter for Fox News, filed a lawsuit against the network last May alleging gender discrimination. The network has denied her claims and the suit remains ongoing.
A representative for Fox News, whose coverage is overwhelmingly pro-Trump, claimed that the network didn't publish Falzone's story over factual concerns.
"In doing our due diligence, we were unable to verify all of the facts and publish a story," the outlet's digital editor-in-chief Noah Kotch told the Daily News in a statement. 
But Kotch did not explain why Fox News hasn't used any of Falzone's reporting in recent stories about Clifford and Trump.
Trump and Clifford allegedly had sex in his hotel room when they were both visiting Lake Tahoe in July 2006. Clifford, who was vacationing in the area, posted a photo of her and Trump posing together to her MySpace page at the time.


- ny news 

No comments:

Post a Comment